LPCP Meeting Minutes for Aug 19, 2008
LEAD COMPREHENSIVE PLAN COMMISSION
August 19, 2008
The Lead Comprehensive Plan Commission met on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 in City Hall, 801 West Main Street at 7:00 PM with the following members present: Nick Krebs, Dan Leikvold, and Marlo Heupel. Absent: Les Roselles, Michelle Eddy, Bob Bratcher, and Dave Nelson. A quorum was not present.
The following items were discussed.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION OF MEETINGS
A twice monthly meeting scheduled was discussed. Below is the initial recommended schedule of meetings to be held at city hall. The alternate location is the high school if city hall is unavailable.
September 8th 7:00 PM
September 16th 5:00 PM
October 7th 5:00 PM
October 21st 5:00 PM
At the September 8th meeting we can discuss any adjustments needed to this schedule to accommodate the majority of the members and establish a long-term schedule. The first Monday or Tuesday, and the third Tuesday of each month were discussed as possible regularly scheduled meeting dates.
Election of chair, vice chair, secretary and other positions deemed necessary will be held at the September 8th meeting.
DISTRIBUTION OF PLAN
A printed copy of the plan will be distributed to all members by August 21st. All members are requested to read the plan prior to the September 8th meeting, and be prepared to begin discussing it.
REVIEW OF CURRENT PLAN
Over the course of the next several months it’s recommended that the current comprehensive plan will be reviewed and acted upon as follows:
1) What goals, policies and action steps have been met or completed?
2) Of the remaining goals, policies and action steps, which ones should be deleted or retained?
3) What goals, policies, and action steps should be added?
4) Prioritize agreed upon goals, policies, and action steps.
5) Develop a 2009 Action Plan and tentative 2010 Action Plan
1) Identify, recruit, and assign champions/lead organizations for each action.
2) Develop plan for media coverage.
3) Obtain public buy-in/support for recommended 2009 Action Plan.
4) Obtain support from organizations that will serve as partners in implementing the plan, such as other governmental entities and non-profit organizations.
5) Recommend approval by Lead City Commission of 2009 Action Plan.
6) Prepare for recommendation of 2010 Action Plan that supports City of Lead, and partner organizations, 2010 budget process.
We discussed establishing a timeline that supports obtaining Lead City Commission approval in early 2009. This timeline will be a discussion item at the September 8th meeting.
Meeting was adjourned at approximately 8:15 PM.